black bean zucchini curry with rice. 🍛 recipe below! inspired by @savoryspin‘s curry recipes, i decided to combine some of my favorite ingredients into this dish.
it’s flavorful and quite versatile! you can use whatever types of beans and vegetables you have on hand in place of the black beans and zucchini. 🙂
Share this recipe!
- 1 large onion diced (200g)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger root minced
- 3 dried red chilis optional
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 oz tomato paste 170g
- 3 medium zucchinis chopped (700g)
- 3/4 cup water 180g
- 3 cups black beans cooked , 500g after draining
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk 200g
- In a large skillet, heat some oil and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, then add in garlic, ginger, red chills, spices, and tomato paste. Stir until incorporated.
- Once the mixture is fragrant, add in zucchini and water. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in black beans and coconut milk, then simmer again for 10 minutes -- or until the zucchini is tender.
- Season with more spices if desired, then serve warm.