Are you tired of eating the same-flavored avocado toast? Try my Wasabi & Truffle Oil Avocado Toast. It’s Japanese & Italian fusion using the combination of wasabi, soy sauce, and truffle oil. What’s not to like? It’s definitely worth trying to break your habits of eating your same old avocado toast and start making something different.
- 2 slices bread 2 thick or 4 thin slices. Recommendation: artisan bread such as country wheat. Multigrain, or sourdough etc.
- 1 large Hass avocado
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp wasabi adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce more for serving
- 1-2 red radish thinly sliced
- microgreens or sprouts, of your choice, garnish
- truffle oil black or white
- Toast the bread.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocado. Mash avocado in a bowl. Add lemon juice, wasabi, salt, and soy sauce. Mix together until well combined. Taste to see if you can taste a hint of wasabi (it shouldn’t be overpowering) and make adjustment if necessary.
- On the toasted bread, smear the seasoned avocado, place radish sliced, and microgreens (or sprouts.) Drizzle some truffle oil and extra soy sauce on top.
- I’d highly recommend using artisanal bread instead of regular loaf. It has better taste & texture.
- Lemon juice is used just to give a hint of freshness also to keep it from turning brown. Don’t add too much where it’s too tangy.
- I use powdered wasabi (mixed with water) but you can use a regular kind comes in a tube. It’s better to add an amount where it’s not overpowering however, you can adjust to your preference.
- You can also use truffle salt instead of truffle oil. Using both may be too intense. Modify the amount accordingly.