WARM CHICKPEA AND BRUSSELS SPROUT ISRAELI COUS COUS SALAD with ripe avocado, romaine, orange sugar bomb tomatoes, baby sweet bell peppers, Persian cucumbers, red cabbage, mandarin oranges, fresh mint, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- bell peppers
- Trim the “butt” off about brussels sprouts and cut in half
- In a sauté pan sear the brussells in 1 tsp evoo for 2-3 minutes without moving
- Add israeli cous cous to the pan to toast for a minute or two then add 1 cup water plus a few xtra tablespoons. Since I dont cover the cous cous in this method, I add a little xtra liquid for the evaporation factor.
- Add 1 can drained chickpeas plus a couple pinches salt, garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of turmeric. Boil on medium heat until water is absorbed then squeeze half a lemon over it.
- Serve over a salad that is varied in texture. Simply dress the salad with drizzle of olive oil, lemon wedges, salt and pepper. This one is perfection with the sweetness of the mandarins and bell peppers mixed with the tart lemon, and buttery avocado.