Perfect for those grueling hot days when you want something satisfying but not too heavy.
These are made with Rice Noodles & Veggies but you can easily add grilled Tofu, Tempeh or Vegan Shrimp.
- 8-10 Rice Paper Wrappers most gorcery stores will have them but you can definitely find them at any asian grocery store
- 2 Carrots Julienend
- 1 1/2 cups Red Cabbage chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- 3 Radish sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced and halved
- 1 1/2 cups Sprouts any variety I like Fulleii Fresh brand
- 1/2 package thin Rice Noodles I alos like Mung Bean Noodles for these
- 2 cups fresh Lettuce Leaves I used Arugula
- Bunch fresh Mint Leaves
- Bunch fresh Cilantro
- Bunch fresh Thai Basil or regular
- Black & White Sesame Seeds for garnish
Shiso Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 heaping Tbsp Miso Paste I use Cold Mountain Miso
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Light Tamari or Light Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vegan honey or other sweetener
- 1 tsp Chili Paste or to taste
- 2 Tbsp Shiso Pon Sauce you can leave it out if it’s hard to find
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the ingredients and whisking until well combined. Set aside.
- Soak the Rice Noodles in hot water for 5 -7 minutes, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Chop and prepare all the vegetables and set onto a large plate
- Place the Basil, Cilantro and Mint into small piles.
- Make the Veggie rolls by taking one Rice wrapper at a time. Dunk the entire wrapper into a large bowl of warmish water. While holding the wrapper agititate it slightly. You are waiting until it turns translucent and becomes soft.
- Lay out the softened wrapper onto a large cutting board.
- Start by placing a little bit of lettuce followed by some noodles and then a bit of Veggies and/or Sprouts all towards the bottom or part closest to you. Pick up the edge and begin to roll over like you would a burrito. Tuck the sides of the wrapper in as you roll to the very top. Make sure to roll it onto itself and the wrapper will naturally stick.
- Repeat the process until you’ve used up the wrappers and veggies. Feel free to mix up the combination of veggies. Top with Sesame seeds.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!