Perfect for those grueling hot days when you want something satisfying but not too heavy.
These are made with Rice Noodles & Veggies but you can easily add grilled Tofu, Tempeh or Vegan Shrimp.
- 8-10 Rice Paper Wrappers most gorcery stores will have them but you can definitely find them at any asian grocery store
- 2 Carrots Julienend
- 1 1/2 cups of Red Cabbage chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- 3 Radish sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced and halved
- 1 1/2 cups Sprouts any variety I like Fulleii Fresh brand
- 1/2 package thin Rice Noodles I alos like Mung Bean Noodles for these
- 2 cups fresh Lettuce Leaves I used Arugula
- Bunch fresh Mint Leaves
- Bunch fresh Cilantro
- Bunch fresh Thai or regular Basil
- Black & White Sesame Seeds for garnish
Shiso Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Tahini
- 1 heaping Tbsp Miso Paste I use Cold Mountain Miso
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Light Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vegan honey or other sweetener
- 1 tsp of Chili Paste or to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Shiso Pon Sauce you can leave it out if it’s hard to find
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the ingredients and whisking until well combined. Set aside.
- Soak the Rice Noodles in hot water for 5 -7 minutes, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Chop and prepare all the vegetables and set onto a large plate
- Place the Basil, Cilantro and Mint into small piles.
- Make the Veggie rolls by taking one Rice wrapper at a time. Dunk the entire wrapper into a large bowl of warmish water. While holding the wrapper agititate it slightly. You are waiting until it turns translucent and becomes soft.
- Lay out the softened wrapper onto a large cutting board.
- Start by placing a little bit of lettuce followed by some noodles and then a bit of Veggies and/or Sprouts all towards the bottom or part closest to you. Pick up the edge and begin to roll over like you would a burrito. Tuck the sides of the wrapper in as you roll to the very top. Make sure to roll it onto itself and the wrapper will naturally stick.
- Repeat the process until you’ve used up the wrappers and veggies. Feel free to mix up the combination of veggies. Top with Sesame seeds.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.