Need the perfect recipe to use up that zucchini in your fridge?!? 👍
These Zucchini Chips are the perfect crunchy snack! 🤗They will curb your salty craving while you get in your veggies. PLUS, I am serving them up with the BEST vegan basil aioli dipping sauce! 🙌Whether you make these in the air fryer or the oven (I have instructions for both), you aren’t going to want to miss this one!
- Place a strainer in a bowl. Pour the can of chickpeas into the strainer, reserving the aquafaba* in the bowl. Save the chickpeas and use them for another recipe.
- Add the flour to a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, garlic powder and pepper to another bowl and stir to combine.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Bread the zucchini slices by dipping them in flour, then aquafaba then the panko mixture. Being sure to press the breadcrumbs into the zucchini until it sticks. Place the finished zucchini slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer (you will need to work in batches).
- Once the basket is full, spray the top of the zucchini with olive oil and cook it in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees (no need to flip).
- While the zucchini is cooking, prepare the basil aioli by combining all of the ingredients (except the water) in a food processor. Blend, scraping down the sides as needed. With the motor running, add water until the desired consistency is reached and everything is combined. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove the zucchini from the air fryer and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and serve with the basil aioli.