This winter salad is chock full of flavor, nutrition and texture. Dino Kale, Cabbage, Radishes, Fresh Dill, Crispy Garlic Chickpeas and my favorite pasta shape for salads and soups: orzo.
- sheet pan
- large mixing bowl
- 1 bunch dino kale washed and chopped
- 2 carrots ribboned or grated
- ½ head green cabbage shredded
- 1 watermellon radish chopped fine
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp dill chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Mandarin Orange Vinegar You can use any citrus infused vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 black pepper to taste
- 8 oz orzo (measure dry then cook according to package) drain, rinse and set aside
- 1 avocado quartered and sliced for serving
- Add kale, cabbage, carrots and radishes to a large bowl.
- Add Oil, Lemon, vinegar, Salt and Pepper and mix well with hands. Massage the seasonings into the salad gently to coat well.
- add cooked orzo, dill, cherry tomatoes and a little more pepper and mix again.
- Serve topped with Crispy Chickpeas and sliced avocado.
Crispy Garlic Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drain chickpeas well and spread on sheet pan.
- Drizzle with Oil, season with salt and garlic powder.
- Mix well with hands.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy, turning once halfway.