So I recently discovered Udon Gyoza which deliciously combines the chewy goodness of Udon Noodles and the crispiness of fried Gyoza dumplings. I Veganized them using a Vegan Sausage and you can find the recipe for them here on the site.
I loved them so much that I decided to make them with all veggies. They are easy and fun to make and can be made with any combo of veggies. I’ve said it before and will say it again the Dipping Sauce is to die for!!
- 1 lb package Udon Noodles fresh or frozen
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 1 large Carrot julienned
- 1 1/2 cups Napa Cabbage chopped
- 6 dried Shiitake Mushrooms rehydrated and sliced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 3 Vegan Eggs I used 9 Tbsp of Just Egg
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- White Pepper to taste
- Oil for cooking
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Black Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 clove Garlic finely minced
- 1 small knob Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Togarashi Seasoning
- Make the Dipping Sauce by combining all the ingredients and mix well. Set aside
- Give the Udon Noodles a rough chop leaving some of the Noodles longer and then blanche them along with the Carrots in hot water for a about 2 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare all of your vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the cooked Udon to the Vegetables and mix well.
- Add in the Cornstarch mix to coat and then add in the Vegan Egg, Soy Sauce and White Pepper.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 1/3 measuring cup scoop out the mixture, pack it well and add it to a hot oiled pan. Fry for 3 minutes covered and then flip and repeat until both sides are nicely brown and crispy. Continue the process until all of the mixture is used up.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce.