Scallions Pancakes “葱油饼”
It’s a very popular traditional Chinese dishes that will please crowd. These flaky, crispy and savory pancakes are so easy to make.
Check out my YouTube channel on how to make this addictively delicious chinese scallion pancakes!
Share this recipe!
For the dough
For the fillings
- 3 stalks scallions chopped
- Five spice powder to sprinkle
- Roux to brush on top of the dough
- Mix together all the dough ingredients and knead till soft and smooth on the surface. Rest the dough for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into four pieces. Work with one dough at a time and roll out the dough into thin rectangle, brush on the prepared roux, then sprinkle with five spice powder and chopped scallions, slowly roll the dough into a log shape and roll again to form a pinwheel shape. Seal the ends and tuck the end on the bottom. Gently press the dough and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Take out one dough and roll out as thin as possible. Heat 2 tbsp in skillet and pan fry it till golden brown. Serve warm with dipping sauce.