When you want some ramen, but you also want a juicy burger *𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝘼𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙄𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙍𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙣 𝘽𝙪𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙆𝙞𝙢𝙘𝙝𝙞 𝙎𝙡𝙖𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙒𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙗𝙞 𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙤* 👅💦
Don’t let the Ramen bun scare you — they’re surprisingly super easy to prepare! Seriously, all the flavors in this burger are amazing!
- 2 TBS vegan mayo
- 1 TBS unsweetened peanut butter
- 2-3 tsp kimchi paste brand is Mama O’s and I find it at Whole Foods
- 3 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 3 TBS Sesame oil
- 3 TBS Tamari
- 3 TBS coconut sugar brown sugar or maple syrup will work, too
- 3 cups each Red and Green Cabbage thinly sliced (or 6 cups of one or the other)
- 1 large carrot shredded
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 TBS vegan mayo
- 2 tsp Wasabi
- 1 vegan egg such as Bob’s Red Mill- or you can use one flax egg in replacement (I made the consistency a bit more runny, so I added an extra teaspoon of water to my egg mixture.)
- 2 blocks of Gluten Free Ramen such as Lotus Foods
- 1 TBS + 2 tsp avocado oil or any oil you prefer, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS each white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, fried garlic (I buy it from the Asian store. If you can’t find fried garlic, you definitely don’t have to add it.)
- 2 vegan burger patties I used Beyond Meat
- Cucumber thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, peanut butter, kimchi paste, rice wine vin, sesame oil, Tamari, and coconut sugar. Toss with cabbage, carrot, green onion, bell pepper, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Set aside in fridge.
- In a small bowl, mix ingredients together. Set aside in fridge.
- In a large bowl, mix together vegan egg. Set aside.
- Cook Ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with vegan egg and set aside. Season with ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 TBS oil in a large non-stick pan. Using 4 round cookie molds or mason jar lids in the pan. Using tongs, fill each ring with the noodle mixture, then press down on each to make the noodles more compact. Cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat, then wipe pan clean.
- In a wide shallow bowl, mix together sesame seeds and fried garlic. Using your hands, add patties to the bowl and gently press the sesame seed mixture into the patty, coating both sides.
- In the same nonstick pan on medium heat, add the remaining oil. Cook patty until heated through, about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Assemble burgers with Ramen buns, wassabi mayo, sesame coated patty, thinly sliced cucumber, and Asian Slaw.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.