Rad Na (rice noodles in brown gravy) is very similar to my fav Cantonese dish Wat Tan Hor ‘滑蛋河’ but with a touch of sweetness.
When I first came to the US, I miss flat rice noodles the most and was super excited when I saw this dish at a Thai restaurant. Fast forward to today, I can now make this dish in my own kitchen when cravings kick in so I don’t miss home food so much.
Sending loads of love to all of you, WoonHeng❤️
- To prepare the tofu, massage tofu with the marinade & let sit for at least 20 minutes. Then, pan-fried them until golden brown on both sides.
- Noodles: If using fresh noodles, separate the noodles to loosen up the strands. Then, rub the noodles with sauce. Heat a non-stick pan, then add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in the noodles and using a pair of tongs, toss noodles until you get a charred look. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 3 teaspoons of oil and sauté garlic until aromatic.
- Add broccoli, pan-fried tofu, and sauté for another 30 secs.
- Then, add sauce, taste test, and season accordingly.
- Using a spoon, slowly add the cornstarch slurry (added about 5 tablespoons) and let the mixture simmer until thickened.
- Finally, add the noodles and toss them with the sauce until all incorporated.
- Serve warm pickled chili or chili flakes.