Pan Fried Radish Buns “萝卜丝饼”
Have you ever tried making your own radish buns?! It is so easy to make. It’s a perfect for a snack.
- 500 g radish grate into thin strips
- 50 g shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 100 g fried five spice tofu sliced
- 1 stalk scallions chopped
- 1 tsp Chillis
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp oil for cooking
- Blanch the radish in boiling water for 10 minutes, to get rid of the raw taste of radish. Then soak in cold water( let it cool). Squeeze out the water from the radish and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in, mushrooms, five spice tofu, scallions, chillis, garlics, ginger paste, salt, sugar and white pepper into the mixing bowl. Then heat up 2 tbsp of oil and splash it on top of the scallions(mixing bowl ingredients).
- Then add in soy sauce, sesame oil and hoisin sauce. Mix well combine and set aside.
- In an another mixing bowl, add in flour and salt. Then slowly add the boiling water by mixing the flour with chopsticks, follow by cold water. Mix till no more dry flour, then knead with hand till soft dough. Cover and rest the dough for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, knead the flour another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces, cover with a kitchen towel and rest for 30 minutes.
- Take out one dough and fill with the radish fillings. Slowly wrap in the fillings and seal the top. Cook it on heated skillet for 2 minutes and flip to other side and cover, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook till the buns golden brown. Remove from the heat and serve warm.