I love trying different shapes of pasta (much to my kid’s dismay) and even though they all TASTE the same, the distinct textures and sizes act differently as vehicles for sauce delivery.
This springtime pasta is sure to delight even the pickiest of palettes and of course would work with any shape but for me this orecchiette pasta was perfecto.
😍ORECCHIETTE PRIMAVERA in light balsamic, roasted garlic and tomato sauce with cherry tomatoes, carmelized onions, calamata olives, peas, asparagus and baby bell peppers.
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed and cut in thirds
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 pitted calamata olives diced in rings
- 4 baby bells deseeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onions until onions are brown and caremelized about 5-7 mins
- Add asparagus and baby bells, salt lightly and cook 3 mins
- Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar and cook 2 mins
- Add tomato paste and tomatoes, salt lightly and a few grinds black pepper and mix well then add olives and peas
- Add 1/4 cup of the pastas water plus drained pasta to pot and mix well until all pasta is coated and super saucy then check for salt and adjust to your taste
- Garnish with black and crushed red pepper
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.