I want some of my vegan hamburger helper right now 😭 but it’s breakfast. Someone tell me it’s okay to make hamburger helper for breakfast. Someone! Anyone! Just say the word 😂
This is definitely being made this week. I’ve been on a pasta kick lately 😭. It must be something with the weather change. I’ll go with that 😂
- 2-3 cups macaroni pasta
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onions chopped
- 3 tbsps tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese
- 2 1/2 cups beefless crumbles or vegan ground "meat"
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- oil for cooking as needed
- In a pot, cook pasta until slightly tender and set aside
- In a skillet, cook crumbles or vegan ground meat until browned and slightly crispy (I recommend doing this because vegan meat tends to soften quickly when added to a liquid which comes in later steps). Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl
- In the same skillet, add in the chopped bell peppers, onions, and garlic
- Next, add in all of the seasonings and the tomato paste. Stir to mix well
- Add in the cooked pasta, 3/4 of the cooked vegan meat, plant-based milk, and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in vegan cheese and remaining vegan meat
- Top with additional cheese, parsley, and/or green bell peppers
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
You’ll reveive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.