Veggie Gyros 🥙🥙🥙
Why have fries on “the side” when you can stuff them in a pita and have it as your main. For this recipe, I made a zesty gyro seasoning (pantry friendly) & mixed it with some olive oil & lemon, poured it on some spuds & chickpeas, roasted it & there you go.
It’s that easy…. and let’s not forget to smother the gyros with all the Tzatziki 😂💗
For the Tzatziki Sauce
For the Gyros
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes chopped lengthwise & then quartered ( I used a crinkle cutter knife to get the ridges)
- 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed, & dried
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon for the juice
- First make tzatziki sauce, combine all ingredients, mix well. Place in fridge.
- Combine cut potatoes & chickpeas in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl combine spices, oil, & lemon. Mix well.
- Pour oil mix over potatoes & chickpeas making sure it is well coated.
- Place potatoes & chickpeas on a parchment lined large baking sheet, roast at 425 F for 25-35 Rotating & flipping half way through till crispy.
- Wrap up in your favorite wrap style bread (I used pita) drizzle with tzatziki sauce. I also added chopped red onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, & store bought vegan feta - and an yummmmmm