These juicy, flavorful Greek inspired meatballs are so delicious! Aside from how easy they are to make I love that they are baked and not fried. They are light, not oily and there’s no mess to clean up around the stove! (Can you tell I’m not a big fan of frying?)
Served with a creamy, herby Vegan Tzatziki these are perfect with a side of warm Pita or as part of Greek Salad bowl. Make them for lunch, dinner or your next gathering.
- Make the Tzatziki by grating the seeded, Cucumber and squeezing out the excess water.
- Add the grated Cucumber to the Sour Cream along with the Garlic, Lemon Juice, Dill, Mint and Olive Oil. Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
- Make the Meatballs by adding the Vegan Ground to a large bowl along with the Garlic, Onion, Dill, Oregano, Mint, Breadcrumbs, Plant Milk, Salt & Pepper.
- Mix until well combined but be careful not to over mix or they may become too dense when cooked.
- Scoop up roughly a couple of tbsp of the mixture and roll a ball into the size of golf ball. Set them onto a lined baking sheet. You should yield 14-16 Meatballs.
- Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes or until nicely browned. (They should be have a light crust but still juicy inside)
- Serve with Tzatziki and Pita or with a simple Greek Salad