I’ve been craving pasta lately so I’m working on a new recipe to share. I asked the question in my stories yesterday if you prefer red sauces over white? The votes are pretty split down the middle. I personally love them both! Depending on the mood of course. So in the meantime I’m sharing my absolute favorite classic white sauce: Alfredo.
- Soak the Cashews in Hot water for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside
- Boil the Potato, Onion and Garlic until fork tender. Reserve about 1/2 - 2/3 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Blend the Cashews, cooked Veggies, Oat Milk, Nutritional Yeast, Parmesan, Nutmeg, Salt & Pepper until smooth and creamy. If Sauce is too thick add some of the reserved cooking liquid and keep blending.
- Cook the Pasta according to the package directions.
- Toss the cooked Pasta and Alfredo Sauce together and top with chopped Parsley.