This vegan chickpea tuna salad sandwich really brings me wayyy back! I used to love making tuna salad sandwiches in my childhood for a quick lunch or snack.
The fattiness from the mayo, the crunch of the veggies, and the texture were a perfect combination. And to be quite honest, this chickpea tuna salad kind of nails it!
This recipe is easy and super quick. In under 10 minutes you can whip up this chickpea tuna and have your lunch meal prep done for the week! I recently had this for lunch prep and was legitimately so excited to eat it everyday!
- Rinse and drain the canned chickpeas. Try to shake off as much water as possible from the chickpeas (or you can pat slightly dry). This will ensure your chickpea tuna is not watery.
- Transfer half of the chickpeas to a flat surface (I like to use a big cutting board) and mash the chickpeas. Doesn't need to be a paste, but should be relatively mashed.
- Transfer the mashed chickpeas to a bowl with the rest of the chickpeas. Set that aside
- Diced up your onion and your bell pepper, along with any other veggie/substitute you are adding.
- Add your diced vegetables to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Add in your remaining ingredients: mayo, mustard, and spices. Stir well to combine
- Feel free to mash this up a bit more if you want a smoother consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.