Cheesy Shells with Broccoli, Tomatoes & Herbs 🌿🍃🌿🍃
Comfort food with a twist 💃This pasta is full of umami flavors, nourishing veggies, herbs, citrus, and just plain cheesy goodness 🌿
From start to finish, dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes! Use your choice of pasta, whether whole wheat, lentil, chickpea or regular 👍 This dish would be great with beans added too. It uses marinated artichokes here, but I include other alternatives in mu blog post! 🌿🍃
- 3 servings pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets, packed, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup marinated artichokes drained, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley packed, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil packed, chopped
- Red chili flakes for serving
- Fresh herbs for serving
- Cook the pasta in salted water until just barely al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut and saute the broccoli florets in 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. It is fine if they get a bit browned.
- Add the cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients and cook together for another minute or two in the pan until pasta is cooked.