Cheesy Shells with Broccoli, Tomatoes & Herbs 🌿🍃🌿🍃
Comfort food with a twist 💃This pasta is full of umami flavors, nourishing veggies, herbs, citrus, and just plain cheesy goodness 🌿
From start to finish, dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes! Use your choice of pasta, whether whole wheat, lentil, chickpea or regular 👍 This dish would be great with beans added too. It uses marinated artichokes here, but I include other alternatives in mu blog post! 🌿🍃
- 3 servings pasta
- 1 cup packed broccoli florets cut into small bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup marinated artichokes drained, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup packed chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Red chili flakes for serving
- Fresh herbs for serving
- Cook the pasta in salted water until just barely al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut and saute the broccoli florets in 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. It is fine if they get a bit browned.
- Add the cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients and cook together for another minute or two in the pan until pasta is cooked.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.