Ditchin the dairy never tasted so good! I am officially convinced that cashews are the answer to all my problems. 🙌
If someone would have told me 10 years ago that I could replicate one of my favorites soups and instead of using cheese use cashews, I would have been like….you trippin. But now I am pretty much obsessed and have them in my pantry at all times.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked
- 2 tbsp olive oil high quality
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 russet potato peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot julienned
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, broccoli, salt, nutmeg, red chilli flake and pepper and sauté until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and garlic and stir, then add the broth and simmer for 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Let cool slightly.
- Ladel half of your soup mixture into a blender, making sure to get all of the potatoes particularly. To the blender add your cashews, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast and Dijon mustard. Pulse until smooth-ish. If it seems too thick you can add a little water to thin it out.
- Pour blender contents back into your pot and stir and simmer for another 10 mins. Serve with crusty bread or your favorite cracker.