I know what you are thinking.. cauliflower and walnuts in a taco? While it may sound completely out of the ordinary, this recipe make a perfect plant-based taco meat substitute. If you are new to a plant-based diet, you are soon going to learn that in order to truly enjoy it, you’re going to have to step outside of the box. Trying new things that may seem odd but will quickly become your favorite is a major part in becoming plant-based. Those who have been plant-based for a while know all about trying new and different things.
This recipe is great for sneaking in vegetables. I personally don’t particularly like mushrooms, but try to include them in any recipe in order to get all of the nutrients and benefits of them. However, in this recipe you do not even notice them. This being because they are ground up within the cauliflower and walnuts.
Share this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until fine. Pour into a medium sized bowl.
- Pulse walnuts; add to cauliflower.
- Peel and chop potato into small pieces; add to cauliflower mixture.
- Add all seasoning.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for 35 minutes; stir halfway.
- While the mixture is cooking, chop and saute bell pepper and onion.
- Add chopped mushrooms and cilantro; saute.
- Once the cauliflower is done, add the bell pepper and onion mixture.
- Serve in homemade tortillas or taco shells.