Last week I cozied up with stuffed spaghetti squash and THIS is the filling. You can keep it super clean by serving it as is OR you can stretch this out over several meals by adding a grain like rice or quinoa.
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes more to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 butternut squash cut in 1” cubes
- 1 small head broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 block tofu pressed and drained
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 bottle Good Food For Good Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, add onion.
- Add in garlic, chilli flakes, turmeric and cracked pepper. Sauté to combine.
- Add squash and cook for a few minutes. Add a splash of water to get things moving if it appears dry.
- Add broccoli and stir to coat spices.
- Add in tofu & jar of Butter Chicken. Mix everything together and cover with lid.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until butternut squash is fork tender.
- Add in cooked spaghetti squash and coat well. Add coconut milk, salt, pepper, more chili flakes. Cook for 5 more minutes and finally add in spinach.
- Check for seasoning and when ready to serve, scoop out filling to add to empty spaghetti squash shell. Garnish with green onion and parsley!