We made it to Friday! Now make yourself these Buffalo chickpea enchiladas ASAP.
- 1 15.5 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil [15ml]
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 baby potatoes chopped into quarters [285g]
- 1 bell pepper chopped [200g]
Creamy Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce [120ml]
- 1 cup cashews [120g]
- 1 cup non-dairy milk [240ml]
Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds [112g]
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk [120ml]
- 1/4 cup vegan ranch *I used Daiya or make your own [60g]
- 8-10 medium sized tortillas
- Green onion
- Extra buffalo sauce
- Soak cashews overnight or boil for 20 minutes.1 cup cashews
- Cut the potatoes into quarters. In a bowl add the potatoes, oil and seasonings. Mix together.1 tbsp olive oil1/2 tsp cumin1 tsp chili powder1 tsp garlic powder1 tsp onion powder20 baby potatoes1/4 tsp salt
- In a large non-stick skillet add the potatoes and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Potatoes will be crispy and almost all the way cooked when done. They will finish cooking in the oven.
- While the potatoes cook preheat the oven to 375F (196C).
- Once cashews are soft drain and rinse.
- Into a high speed blender add the cashews, buffalo sauce and non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth. This should be slightly runny as it is will thicken up while it cooks.1/2 cup buffalo sauce1 cup cashews1 cup non-dairy milk
- Once the potatoes are done remove from the heat and add the chickpeas and chopped pepper. Mix everything together.1 15.5 oz chickpeas1 bell pepper
- To prepare the vegan cheese sauce add the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook on a low heat for 3-5 minutes. Cheese will melt and form a smooth sauce.1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds1/2 cup non-dairy milk1/4 cup vegan ranch
- In a large baking dish (9×13 is ideal) add about 1/4 cup of the creamy buffalo sauce to the bottom. Enough to coat the bottom this will help to ensure the enchiladas do not stick.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of filling into the tortilla. Place it to one side to form a long vertical log of filling. Roll the tortilla up and place it seam side down in the pan. Repeat until all the filling is used.8-10 medium sized tortillas
- Once all the enchiladas have been added to the dish. Cover with sauce. I like to leave about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sauce for drizzling and dipping later. I highly suggest you do this if you plan on meal prepping as well.
- Spread the vegan cheese sauce over the top as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes until tortillas are golden and sauce has thickened.
- When they are done drizzle with vegan ranch, extra buffalo sauce and green onion.Green onionExtra buffalo sauce
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!