VEGAN BBQ SKEWERS 🔥
I swear, „What, THIS is vegan?!“ is one of my favorite questions. Why? Because there are (surprisingly) still some folks that do believe that vegans exclusively live off smoothie bowls and edamame.
Nah-Uh, baby. You’re not missing out on ANYTHING when Mama’s in the kitchen. 🔥
And I bet you don’t wanna miss out on these bad boys: This right here, is seriously one of my favorite recipes of all time. It’s easy, quick and incredibly delicious.
I promise: Even non vegans will love these.
- 6 x 8" / 17 cm skewers
For The skewer
For The Marinade
- Mix together all ingredients for the marinade, combine well. Now pour the marinade into a rectangle container that is big enough to fit your skewers. Don't use a container that is too big though, because you want the marinade to cover the skewers.
For The "Meat"
- Take a medium bowl and add all dry ingredients. Mix well, then add the wet ones and knead with your hands on a flat surface for about 2-4 minutes.
- Divide the mass into 6 pieces. I weigh my dough to make sure, all of the pieces are exactly the same size/weight.
- Then, use your hands to roll each dough piece into a string. The string should be about 11 inches / 28 cm long.
- Take a skewer and twist the "meat" around it. Leave 1/4 of the skewer empty.
- Put the skewers into the marinade and transfer to the fridge. Let them soak in the marinade over night, or for at least 2 hours.
- The next day or 2 hours later:
- Take a large skillet and set on medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the skewers. Roast them evenly from all sides. Then pour the rest of the marinade over them and roast them again (from all sides). This time on low/medium heat until they are nicely roasted.
- I ate them with cooked basmati rice, sour cream (recipe can be found on my blog) and coleslaw.