Slurpy noodles in umami tomato sauce😋 – a quick lunch meal from my pantry & hope you’ll give it a try too☺️. Stay safe & well, friends🙏. Have a lovely, day🤗.
Share this recipe!
- 3 servings noodles of your choice prepared based on package's instructions
- 1-2 cup bok choy sliced thinly
- 3 tomatoes use a mixture of Roma & Campari
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp Sichuan chili or homemade chili oil with sediment check highlights for recipe
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- handful of chopped scallions
- white pepper & salt to taste
- Bring a pot with 4-5 cups of water & 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a rolling boil. Blanch sliced bok choy for about 30 seconds. Drain & quickly toss bok choy with a drizzle of oil. Set aside. (If your bok choy is larger in size, please extend cooking time to 1 min)
- To prepare the tomatoes, make a slit 'X' at the bottom of each fruit. Bring a pot of water to boil, then slowly place tomatoes into the boiling water. Cook until the tomato skin starts to peel off.
- Remove tomatoes using a slotted spoon & place them in the ice water bath. Then, peel off the tomatoes' skin.
- Place tomatoes in a blender & blend until smooth. Pour tomato mixture into a pan with veggie stock, soy sauce & toasted sesame oil.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil & let it simmer over low-med heat until the sauce is reduced, about 3 mins. Season with white pepper & more salt if needed.
- To serve, toss noodles & veggies with sauce. Then, top noodles with chili oil with sediment, toasted sesame seeds & chopped scallions. Enjoy immediately!
Did you enjoy WoonHeng’s recipe? Then make sure to check out her Instagram!