It’s salad weather for sure here in NYC. I have an easy & super flexible recipe for you. This salad keeps chopping to a minimum, is uncomplicated & delicious. 🙌🏼
Serve in wraps, with crackers, as a sandwich, a bruschetta topping (my personal fav) & of course on its own! And let’s not forget the dressing. It’s great anywhere, anytime, & anyplace. Enjoy!
For the Dressing
- 1 small shallot finely chopped (approx 2 tbls)
- 3 tbls lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini runny
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup herb mix chopped, of choice(dill, cilantro, mint, parsley)
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper sub 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbl ice water kosher salt
For the Salad
- 2 15 oz can beans of choice, of choice (any white bean variety, black eyed peas, or chickpeas)
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor: add shallots & lemon juice- let sit for 10min. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients & process on high for 1 min. Scraping down sides if needed. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside.
- In a med mixing bowl add salad ingredients. Season with s/p.
- Add desired amount of dressing to salad & gently mix with wood spoon. Top with more fresh herbs. Enjoy!!