If you are looking for a tasty recipe packed full of plant protein, look no further. These TOFU SKEWERS WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE is a recipe you must try.
Pair this tofu with rice, noodles, or veggies for a complete meal. Just 8 ingredients required, including the dipping sauce!
- Combine all the spicy peanut sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Cut your pressed tofu into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the tofu marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk. Toss or brush the marinade onto your tofu cubes. Save the leftover marinade to spoon onto your tofu as you cook it.
- Skewer your tofu leaving a little space between each piece.
- Preheat your pan or grill pan to medium heat. Once warm, add the oil and tofu skewers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Brush additional marinade on top of the skewers, flip, and cook for 5 minutes or until the outside of the tofu is slightly crispy.
- Remove skewers from the heat. Serve with the spicy peanut sauce, sesame seeds, fresh chopped cilantro, and rice.
- This recipe will make 6 tofu skewers depending on how big or small you cut your tofu. The amount of skewers will also depend on how long your wood skewers are. I used a smaller size so they would fit in a medium bowl.
- You can use a large pan to fry these tofu skewers or if you have a grill pan you can cook them that way. Just make sure to add oil to your pan before cooking them so they get that crispy outside.
- Double the marinade sauce for extra flavorful tofu.