- 16 oz firm tofu drained & cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red jalapeño chopped
- 1/2 cup packed Thai basil
- neutral oil
- salt to taste
- grain your favorite
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tbsp stir fry sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 3/4 cup water
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together until they're well combined. Then set aside.
- In a heated non-stick pan with 2 teaspoons oil, pan fry tofu cubes until lightly brown on all sides by flipping occasionally, then season with a pinch of salt. Transfer tofu to a bowl & let cool.
- Using the same pan, add another teaspoon of oil, saute ginger, then garlic until fragrant & add in chopped red jalapeno. Add in tofu, sauce then basil & toss them quickly using a spatula until all tofu is coated with sauce.
- Season accordingly if needed. Serve warm with your favorite grain.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
1 thought on “Thai Basil Chili Tofu”
Pingback: Chili Basil Tofu Recipe - CookCrews.com