I can’t stop making creamy dreamy 🌱 Mac and cheese variations so don’t try to stop me!😋
Sunday fun fact: My brownies and Mac ‘n cheese recipes turn out a bit different every single time I make them 🤷🏻♀️. While they are often similar….I always tweak and play around with the ingredients.
Do you stick to trusted recipes or do you have to change things up a bit every time?
Happy Sunday everyone ☀️
Share this recipe!
- macaroni or pasta of choice
- 1/2 to 1 cup pasta water
- Start by preparing the sweet potato. Ideally you want to steam it as a whole. (* see notes)
- You can also peel, dice and boil it.
- Add sweet potato puree to a food processor or blender, along with soaked and rinsed cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice and all seasoning and blend until very smooth.
- Cook macaroni in the meantime and make sure to reserve 1 cup of cooking water before draining.
- Add enough of the pasta water to the sauce and blend until it reaches your desired consistency before mixing it with the hot pasta.
Recipe makes enough sauce for 1 14 oz bag of macaroni.