Sharing with you our sweet potatoes gnocchi 🧡 Learning how to make gnocchi is definitely easier than we thought 💭. This recipe is Vegan & GF free and I love that has extra protein from the chickpea flour.
Share this recipe!
- 2 1/2 lbs peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 1/4 cup chickpea flour (and a little more for dusting)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (more for dusting)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp Himilayan salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes, boil them in a pot with salted water. When they are soft and done you can mash the potatoes and let them cool down.
- Add the flours, seasoning and start kneading with your hands until a dough forms.
- If the dough gets to sticky at this point you can add more chickpea flour and knead some more.
- Cut the dough into 4 Equal sizes. One by one form a long thick noodle and than cut small pieces and roll them on to the gnocchi molder.
- Get another pot of salt water ready and add your gnocchi when the water boils and cook until they get at the surface (3 to 4 min max).
- Transfer the gnocchi after they are boiled to a heated pan & 1 tbsp (or more ) plant based butter . Add fresh thyme and sage for extra flavor and cook for a few minutes for more of a crispy texture. (approx 5-6 min)
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
Did you enjoy Ligia’s recipe? Then make sure to check out her Instagram!