Need a recipe to make tonight or even for #meatlessmonday? You must try this creamy sun dried tomato pasta with tempeh. It’s packed with flavor and you might just have all the ingredients on hand!
Share this recipe!
- 2 cup pasta uncooked
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add in your pasta. Cook according to package instructions. Reserve around 1 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- Take your half block of tempeh and cut it into thirds and slice each third down the middle. This should give you six thin slices of tempeh. In a bowl combine your marinade ingredients for the tempeh and coat your tempeh in the marinade.
- in a saute pan lined with a little olive oil, add in your tempeh. Cook on 2-3 minutes on both sides or until the tempeh is brown and crispy. Remove from pan and let rest.
- In the same pan melt your vegan butter on medium heat. Allow for the butter to melt and add in your garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and add in your wine. Allow wine to reduce before adding in your cream cheese and and sun dried tomatoes. Allow for the cream cheese to melt down and mix with the sun dried tomatoes. Note: It is normal for the cream cheese and sun dried tomatoes to melt together and look clumpy. That is normal.
- Add in your pasta and mix everything together. The cream cheese will breakdown easily and coat the pasta evenly. Add in your nutritional yeast and mix around.
- Add in your pasta water gradually until you get your desired sauce consistently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to serving dish topped with the tempeh.