sun-dried tomato + basil pasta *nut free!* tomato and basil never let down especially here 🙃 let me know if you make it 〰️
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes ~1 cup packed, soak in hot water to soften, then strain
- 1 14oz pack firm tofu drained and pressed of liquid
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 cups pasta water + broth concentrate (like better than bouillon or just use veggie broth)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt more to taste
- Lots of pepper
- 12 oz bow tie pasta
- Fresh basil to top
- Cook your pasta as instructed on the packaging. Reserve 3 cups of pasta water before straining.
- While your pasta’s cooking sauté your onion and garlic until translucent.
- Transfer to a high speed blender the sautéed onion/garlic, tofu, sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and pasta water/or veggie broth. Blend until smooth, adding more veggie broth if needed. You want the texture to be similar to an alfredo.
- Pour the sauce over your pasta, taste and adjust the flavor to your liking, adding more salt/pepper if needed.