Sticky Sesame Cauliflower- A flavorful dish to add with your veggies! 🤤
I made this for lunch today along with some quinoa, mushrooms, and green beans: and it hit the spot!!! 🙌🏾
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3/4 cups oat flour or regular flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk + two teaspoons apple cider vinegar, mixed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, arrowroot starch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and non-dairy milk/ACV. Be sure to mix until no clumps remain and it looks like batter.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the bowl and thoroughly mix to coat all of the pieces.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce: In a bowl, whisk in the sesame oil, grated ginger, maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce(or sriracha) —then set aside
- Add minced garlic to a sauté pan with olive oil. Sauté for until lightly golden brown.
- Add prepared sauce into pan and let simmer over low heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the arrowroot powder and cold water. Pour into the pot with the sauce.
- Let simmer over low heat until thick, whisking occasionally to prevent any clumps from forming. Once it thickens, remove from heat.
- When the cauliflower is done, let cool for about 5 minutes and then coat with the sauce. Once coated add cauliflower back into baking sheet with lined parchment paper and put back in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up.
**optional- garnish with black or white sesame seeds
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!