Calling all bowl lovers! Today I’m bringing you a super easy, super nourishing bowl recipe that can easily be added to your weekly menu! These Southwestern Cauliflower Rice Bowls are full of flavor loaded with cauliflower rice, black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, kale, carrots, avocado, and tomatoes.
- 20 oz cauliflower rice frozen
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning gluten-free
- 5 stalks kale (I used Lacinato Kale)
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 avocados (1.5 for serving and half for the sauce)
- carrots shredded
- tomatoes organic
- hemp seeds
- fresh cilantro
Creamy Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro loosely packed
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup flax milk (or other plant milk)
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and dice your sweet potatoes, then place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for about 25 minutes, until they start to crisp up.
- Meanwhile, prepare your other veggies.
- Place your frozen cauliflower rice in a large skillet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute over medium heat for about 15 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and stir to combine. Turn down the heat to low and let it simmer until the sweet potatoes are done.
- Make the Creamy Cilantro Avocado Sauce by blending all sauce ingredients together in your belender until smooth.
- Spoon some cauliflower rice in your bowls, then top with roasted sweet potatoes, balck beans, carrots, kale, avocado, tomatoes, hemp seeds (optional), and sauce.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and enjoy with chips or as nachos!