- Wash the aubergines,
- Start by charing them on a gas cooker, (can grill them too) keep rotating for an even cook.
- Cook in oven or air fryer for 30 until soften.
- In a large pan fry the cumin seeds in oil and add the onions, chopped chunky. Cook until brown.
- Add the green chilli and then spices. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until you see a film of oil.
- Add the peas, cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut the aubergines, and scoop out the flesh, mash with a fork.
- Add to the tomatoes and cook well, for 15-20 minutes until it mixes well and turns a dark red colour.
- Check seasoning and finish with coriander.
- Serve as a side with #dhal crispy roti/naan and a cucumber raita.