🌱 Seitan in Fermented Garlic Black Bean Sauce
To keep this recipe simple and so everyone can make it I’ve added pre made seitan in the ingredients list and directions. You can get this from most large supermarkets now.
I made my own and it takes over 2hrs of work and you need to leave it overnight to set, it requires a lot of effort. It’s the second time I’ve done it and I doubt I’ll do it again.
I did some research and got the idea of how to make this one from the “yup it’s vegan” website.
If you wish to try this yourself feel free to DM for more information. There is to much info to add in this caption.
If your gluten intolerant substitute the seitan for eggplant or tofu.
- 300 g Seitan Pre made
- 3 Cups Broccoli florets
- 1 Cup Corn Spears cut in half
- 1 Cup Beans cut in half
- 2 Bunches Bok Choy sliced
- 1 Red Capsicum diced
- ¼ Cup Shallots sliced
- 1 ½ Cups Basmati Rice
- ¼ Cup Fermented Black Bean & Garlic Paste more for stronger taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil optional, use water
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour more or less to adjust thickness of sauce
- Black Pepper to taste
- Cook the rice as per packaging directions and set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat add the black bean paste and ¼ Tbsp of olive oil and heat for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the rest of the olive oil and cook/heat the seitan, this should only take a few minutes. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium/high and add the capsicum to the pan using a small amount of water as required to cook after 5 minutes add the broccoli after another 3 minutes add the rest of the veggies and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the black bean paste and the pepper back into the pan and combine well.
- Add the water and the flour and mix well reduce to a simmer and let it sit for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened. Serve on a bed of rice and garnish with shallots!