In tribute to my favorite sandwich shop in Hawaii, I recreated my favorite ROASTED VEGGIE SANDWICH!
Of course, I added a couple of tweaks and upgrades. Loaded with all the right roasted veggies, toppings, and spreads, I can finally sleep at night knowing I don’t need to wait until my next trip home to get my favorite sandwich fix.
I decided to keep it simple with a one batch roasting of veggies, a couple of fresh veggie toppings, & the best spreads you can add.
Tag me at #nuttinelli if you try to recreate this loaded sandwich!
- 1 Head Lettuce pick your favorite
- 3 Tomatoes sliced
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Classic Hummus
- Vegan Pesto
- Dijon mustard optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F and prepare baking pan with silicone baking mat, aluminum foil, or oil to prevent vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Prep, wash, and slice vegetables.
- In a large bowl combine Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Onion, Eggplant. Coat with Olive Oil. Mix in Garlic Powder, Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Spread vegetables evenly on a baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until vegetables are browned and tender.
- Start assembling the sandwich with two slices of bread, spread hummus on one slice and pesto on the other. Start to layer the sandwich with Lettuce, Tomato, Roasted Vegetables, then Sprouts. Enjoy!