Roasted Tomatoes, Cauliflower & Chickpeas 🌿🍃 A new favorite comfort food meal, that is packed with flavor and (big surprise) is ready in around 30 min 😉😋🌿🍃
Share this recipe!
- 1/2 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 red onion sliced, not too thin
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper for roasting
- 1-2 tsp Oil for roasting
- Fresh parsley 2 tbsp packed, chopped, for serving
Easy Marinara Sauce (makes extra, will need about half for this dish):
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic minced, to taste
- 1 to 1.5 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- On a large baking sheet with parchment paper, place cauliflower, oil and onions, sprinkle with the salt and pepper. In another baking dish, add tomatoes, salt, oil, pepper, dried basil and oregano. Roast both trays/dish at 400 degrees F for 15 min.
- Add chickpeas to cauliflower tray, toss, bake until cauli is fork tender.
- After the first 15 min, check tomatoes. If they're bursting, remove from oven. If not, cook another few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make marinara sauce. In medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil and onions, cook until translucent. Add garlic, cook another minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer gently for 10 min.
- Combine vegetables with sauce and serve as is, or with your favorite starch or salad.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
Make sure to check out Janet’s Instagram for more tasty recipes like this!