Okay quick story time!
My first attempt at these beetroot burgers did not work out so well 😬. I thought “Oh lets try red lentils for this recipe” and when I cooked up everything….it pretty much turned into soft mush and I ended up making soup instead of a burger out of it. Fail! 😂
Second time around however was a big success because these Burgers turned out super tasty!
They require a bit of prep time but most of the work will be done by your oven and the food processor!
- 1 1/2 cups beetroot cubed
- 2 cups kidney beans cooked and rinsed
- 1 small red onion roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F/ 200 C.
- Place cut beetroot on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add beans, onion, garlic and walnuts to the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer everything to a food processor, along with the olive oil, tamari, Worcestershire sauce and spices and blend until well combined.
- Form 4 patties and pan fry on medium heat on both sides for a few minutes until browned, transfer patties back to the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, flip - add vegan cheeze if using - and bake for another 10.
- Vegan cheeze
- Avocado lemon mash
- Grilled pineapple
- Mixed lettuce
- BBQ sauce
- Vegan mayo
- Sweet Potato Fries