Salad Shirazi originated in the city of Shiraz, in southern Iran. This herby, tangy tomato salad is served as a refreshing accompaniment to khoresht (stews) and grilled foods.
- 3 Persian cucumbers chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced finely
- 1/2 large bell pepper deseeded, pith removed, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried mint
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- Salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, dried mint and parsley in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lime juice. Pour the olive oil mixture over the vegetables and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!