🌱Peanut Red Lentil Sweet Potato Stew with Pan Fried Potatoes (hummus & avocado)🌱No coconut milk, no cashews, yes creamy! You can sub the peanut butter with almond butter if you prefer.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger finely minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 medium sweet potato chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, 2 cups
- 1 tomatoes diced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 1/4 cups split red lentils
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- fresh lime juice to taste
- salt to taste
- 16 oz baby Yukon potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- dried thyme
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil or a little veggie broth over medium heat. Cook yellow onion for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, and jalapeño. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add 1 medium sweet potato, and tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato juice, and 2 cups veggie broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer about 3/4 sauce to a blender, and blend until mostly smooth.
- Return to saucepan and add split red lentils, and 2 cups veggie broth. Simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked. Stir frequently and add more veggie broth or water as needed.
- Mix in 1/4 cup peanut butter and heat until warmed through while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 tsp mellow miso dissolved in 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce, and fresh lime juice to taste. Add salt.
- Slice potatoes about 1/8 to 1/4 -inch-thick.
- Heat about 2 tbsp high-heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. (There should be a thin layer of oil.)
- Add the sliced potatoes in a single layer without overcrowding the pan. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook until golden and crispy before flipping, about 5 minutes.
- Flip and add salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes more, or until other side is crispy.
- Season with garlic powder, smoked paprika, and dried thyme. Cook until tender.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
Make sure to check out Nisha’s Instagram for more tasty recipes!