🌱Peanut Red Lentil Sweet Potato Stew with Pan Fried Potatoes (hummus & avocado)🌱No coconut milk, no cashews, yes creamy! You can sub the peanut butter with almond butter if you prefer.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger finely minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 medium sweet potato chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, 2 cups
- 1 tomatoes diced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 1/4 cups split red lentils
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- fresh lime juice to taste
- salt to taste
- 16 oz baby Yukon potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- dried thyme
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil or a little veggie broth over medium heat. Cook yellow onion for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, and jalapeño. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add 1 medium sweet potato, and tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato juice, and 2 cups veggie broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer about 3/4 sauce to a blender, and blend until mostly smooth.
- Return to saucepan and add split red lentils, and 2 cups veggie broth. Simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked. Stir frequently and add more veggie broth or water as needed.
- Mix in 1/4 cup peanut butter and heat until warmed through while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 tsp mellow miso dissolved in 1 tbsp water, 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce, and fresh lime juice to taste. Add salt.
- Slice potatoes about 1/8 to 1/4 -inch-thick.
- Heat about 2 tbsp high-heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. (There should be a thin layer of oil.)
- Add the sliced potatoes in a single layer without overcrowding the pan. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook until golden and crispy before flipping, about 5 minutes.
- Flip and add salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes more, or until other side is crispy.
- Season with garlic powder, smoked paprika, and dried thyme. Cook until tender.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
You’ll reveive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.