FOR THE PASTA
FOR THE POBLANO SAUCE
- 2 poblano peppers slit into halves, stems and seeds cored
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion ends trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 1/3 cup vegan feta
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
DIRECTIONS FOR THE POBLANO SAUCE
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium.
- Add about a tsp of olive oil and place the poblano peppers on the skillet, skin side down.
- Add the scallions to the skillet, increase heat, and cook the poblano peppers and the scallion for about 5-6 minutes, until they appear charred.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and turn off heat.
- Place them all in a bowl and cover the bowl. Let the peppers rest for 5 minutes and then peel off their skin.
- In a blender/processor, combine the poblano peppers, scallions, garlic, and salt and blend to a paste.
- Add the fresh cilantro, and continue to grind until the leaves are crushed into tiny bits.
- Gently pour some olive oil, working it into the sauce.
- Add the vegan feta and pulse to combine.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE PASTA
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Use the sauce to coat the pasta all over, using some pasta water, if needed to thin the sauce.
- Add the steamed broccoli, tomatoes and cubed vegan feta, if using.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!