Orzo with Roasted Chickpeas 🍃🌿 with delicious additions like kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, vegan feta and parsley with lots of lemon.
The roasted chickpeas on top are spiced and satisfying! 🎉 Eat them soon after they come out of the oven for the most crisp. 👍🍃🌿
- 1/2 lb. orzo
- 1 15 oz. chickpeas drained and rinsed
- Around 1.5 tsp oil and generous dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder for roasting chickpeas
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 shallot finely chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted peppers chopped
- 1/3 cup olives coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegan feta crumbled, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees convect/fan. Boil 4 cups of water in large pot for the orzo. When boiling, drop in orzo and salt the water (optional). Cook according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas and dry them off as best you can with a kitchen towel and set them out on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with the oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in oven. Bake for 15 min, toss, bake another approx 10 min until crisp.
- While orzo and chickpeas are cooking, in a bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, garlic, dried basil, dried oregano. Also use this time to chop the roasted peppers, shallots, fresh parsley, olives, and vegan feta.
- When orzo is done and drained, put it in a mixing bowl or large serving dish and add the dressing, shallots, roasted peppers, and the chopped fresh parsley, and stir through. Serve and top with the olives, roasted chickpeas, and vegan feta.