Think of your favorite take out but make it vegan (or not). This sesame orange tofu + cauliflower is sure to become your new favorite asian inspired meal. The tofu is crispy and crunchy after being baking in the oven with a gluten free breaded cornstarch base.
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 T sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- After your tofu is pressed of liquid cut into small pieces.
- Into a medium mixing bowl dust the bottom of the bowl with half the cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Add tofu into the bowl and dust the remaining cornstarch on top. Toss the bowl over and over until the tofu is evenly coated with cornstarch.
- Spread evenly on a large baking pan and bake for 30 minutes flipping the tofu pieces half way.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to submerge the cauliflower pieces, bring to a boil. Once boiling add in cauliflower pieces and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl, toss in ~1-2 T olive oil (just enough to coat), garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 as well.
- Combine water and cornstarch together mixing to combine. Add the remaining sauce ingredients to the cornstarch mixture. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the sauce into a skillet on medium heat. While constantly stirring, heat the sauce until it begins to thicken. Add the baked tofu and cauliflower, toss to combine. Add sesame seeds, tossing again. Serve with rice!