“No Egg” Salad Matzah Wraps 🌯
I stuffed my matzah wrap with one of my favorite & oh so tasty salads. Super Easy & delicious. Medium firm tofu cubed into small & medium pieces help to give that egg salad texture, while black salt (Kala namak) which is actually pink gives-that eggy smell.
My hubby & my tween agree that it’s one of their favorite salads too. If you are eyeing those matzah wraps check my highlights for the “how to” turn your matzah into a hard shell wrap!!Happy Sunday & Happy Passover for those that celebrate. 💚
- 1 block medium firm tofu 15 ounces
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped, white & light green only
- 1/2 small dill pickle finely chopped
- 6 tbl vegan mayo
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black salt optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbl pickle juice
- 2 tbl fresh herbs I used parsley & dill
- Press block of tofu for 15 minutes. Then dice into small & medium cubes. Place in large mixing bowl
- Fold in chopped celery, green onions & pickles
- In a small bowl mix the mayo and rest of the ingredients except pickle juice & fresh herbs.
- Add dressing to tofu mix. Mix in pickle juice. Taste. Adjust seasoning & enjoy
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.