his savory Miso Glazed Tofu will blow your mind! 🤯
It is savory, sweet, sticky, crispy, and basically an umami bomb in your mouth. It’s super easy to make and you only need 8 ingredients. It pairs well with brown rice and veggies for a balanced and nutritious meal!
- Dice tofu into 1 inch cubes. Marinade for 30 minutes in 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari and 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- After 30 minutes, add nutritional yeast and 2 tbsp of corn starch to coat the tofu. Use a small spatula to toss it and assure it is evenly coated.
- Air fry at 375 F for 18-20 minutes (or until desired crispiness). You can also bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to flip or toss half-way through cooking.
- Set a pan on medium heat and add sesame seed oil. Once hot, add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the rest of the soy sauce (2 tbsp), maple syrup (2 tbsp), miso paste, and 1/4 cup water. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp cornstarch to the simmering sauce to help thicken. Stir consistently for 1 minute until fully dissolved and sauce begins to thicken.
- Check the consistency of the sauce and add more water if desired. Sauce should be thick and viscous but still a bit runny.
- At this point tofu should be done cooking. If tofu has met your desired level of crispiness, add it to the pan and toss into the sauce.
- Serve over rice and vegetables, enjoy!