Are you a peach lover?
They are in stores now so grab some and make this flavorful and summery salad.
This is the kind of salad that will convert the naysayers. The ones who believe they will never get full on salad, who say they are always hungry after and never feel satiated. I challenge them to finish a bowl of this delicious powerhouse of a salad.
- 1 poubd farro cook according to package in a pot on stovetop or in an instant pot
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 2 cups mixed grilled vegetables eggplant rough chop
- zuchinni rough chop
- asparagus rough chop
- squash rough chop
- 2 peaches chopped
- 1 cup mixed pitted calamata and green olives rough chop
- 2 persian cucumbers rough chop
- 1 cup garden fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 scallion small dice green and white part
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup you may sub sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp dry italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-5 grinds black pepper according to tase
- Cook farro according to package and let cool.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Chop all vegetables and fruit and add to the bowl and toss well.
- Add chick peas and farro and toss well.
- Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
- Sprinkle a bit of extra italian season and black pepper on top to serve.