Are you in a mood for curry and noodles? Try this Linguine with Red Curry Cream Sauce!
You can make this with your pantry staples such as linguine, cashews, nutritional yeast, and red curry paste with a few fresh produce: lime, cilantro, and red onion. It’s creamy, spicy, and a bit different! It’s vegan and potentially gluten-free if you use gluten-free pasta.
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup water
Cashew Cream Sauce
For Serving (Garnish)
- 1/2 cup cilantro lightly packed chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced, soak in water with a pinch of salt then drain and pat dry
- Lime wedges/slices, optional
- In a bowl, soak cashews in water for at least 4 hours (up to 8 hours.) Drain well and set side.
- In a large pot, start boiling water for cooking linguine.
- Meanwhile, make cashew cream sauce. In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, cold water, lime juice, nutritional yeast, and salt. Start blending at the low speed then increase the speed little by little. Blend until creamy and smooth (about 1 to 2 minutes.) Set aside.
- When the water is boiling, start cooking linguine in salted water for 7 minutes (or follow the instruction on the package.)
- Meanwhile, start making the sauce. In a large frying pan, pour the cashew cream sauce. Heat it up at medium heat. When it starts warming up and thicken, add red curry paste and sugar. Stir well until the red curry paste is dissolved. When it starts to thicken again, add pasta cooking water. Keep checking on the heat to avoid burning the sauce. Adjust the seasoning with salt (optional.) If you like more heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional.)
- Transfer the linguine to the sauce. Turn off the heat and give a quick toss.
- Serve with cilantro, red onion, and squeeze some fresh lime juice on top (optional.)
For Gluten-Free option, use rice pasta or any other gluten-free noodles of your choice.