We’re solidly in Soup Season (say that 10x fast!). Lemon & dill go together like peanut butter & jelly. We’ve been making this tangy, healing, protein-packed soup non-stop for the workweek. It’s affordable and takes under 30 minutes from start to finish. Stay cozy, friends!
- 2 14 oz cans chickpeas drained
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 ribs celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
cubesvegan chicken bouillon to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound shell pasta cooked to al dente (we like to use @eatbanza pasta for extra protein)
- 1 1/2 lemons for the juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill minced
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add celery, carrots and garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, chickpeas, bouillon cube, smoked paprika, turmeric, and bay leaves. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in dill and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and add pasta to bowls (This prevents pasta from absorbing all the broth and expanding in soup). Enjoy!