This healthy pumpkin bread is so moist and fluffy at the same time, and is loaded with all those cozy pumpkin spices! Gluten free, oil free, and so irresistibly delicious, it’s sure to be a house favourite!
There’s nothing I crave more during the fall than a thick slice of warmly spiced pumpkin bread. This is the healthy pumpkin bread of my DREAMS! It’s so moist on the inside, yet the texture so incredibly soft and fluffy at the same time.
Made with wholesome ingredients like real pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup and whole wheat flour, it’s healthy enough to have for breakfast, but sweet enough to enjoy as a delicious treat. It’s almost hard to believe this is a healthier version! Be warned, this loaf is crazy addicting you might just have to whip up a double batch!
- 1 3/4 cup white wheat flour or gf flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs or flax eggs for vegan
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just combined. Fold in any mix-in’s desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.