GINGER GARLIC TOFU & COCONUT RICE BOWL✨
I’m convinced you can pair anything with coconut rice and it will taste like the greatest thing you’ve ever had!
Bowls like these are my favorite because most of it is cooked in the oven meaning 1. easy clean up 2. requires little attention. Feel free to mix and match the veggies to what you have. Recipe is below and will be on my website today! 💫
Share this recipe!
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes optional
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place something heavy on top of tofu and allow for liquid to be pressed out. Let it drain for ~15 minutes while you prep your vegetables.
- Cut sweet potato (skin on) and broccoli and place into a large bowl. Add melted coconut oil over the vegetables, toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper, tossing again to combine. Transfer to a parchment or @mysilpat lined baking pan. You want everything to be in a single layer so they can get crispy. Use two pans if over crowded.
- Cut tofu into thin strips like in the photo. I was able to get ~12 strips from my tofu. Add the tamari, agave, garlic powder, and ginger to a large mixing bowl or plate, whisk together. Place tofu in and allow it to absorb the liquid for about 10 minutes flipping the tofu pieces around frequently to equally be covered. Transfer for a parchment lined or @mysilpat lined baking pan. Add the tofu and roasted vegetables to the oven and cook for 25 minutes. At 25 minutes flip the tofu pieces over and toss the vegetables. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- While baking prepare your rice. Bring the water and canned coconut milk to a boil. Add rice stirring immediately, cover and reduce to simmer. Stir rice very frequently! Otherwise it will stick. Cook for ~15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is soft. Add salt and coconut flakes.